Nobody ever asks, “peanut butter or jelly?” It’s just an understanding that the two go together. Like salt and pepper. Fish and chips. Beyonce and Jay-Z.
So when somebody asks you if you like sweet OR savory, look ‘em square in the eye and tell them that you like them BOTH, ahthankyouverymuch.
And then proceed to make a double batch (you’ll thank us later) of these Salted Chocolate Cashew Blondies, inspired by the talented Sommer
1/2 cup Plain 2% Chobani Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
2 C all-purpose flour
11 oz. bag of chocolate disks
3/4 C raw whole cashews
coarse sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with a parchment paper square.
2. Add Chobani to a large bowl, then mix in both sugars until smooth.
3. Add the melted butter and mix in quickly.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
5. Mix in the flour until smooth.
6.Fold 2/3 of the chocolate disks into mixture, then pour into the baking dish and spread until smooth.
7. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate disks and the cashews over the top of the batter.
8. Bake for 35-50 minutes. Check the center at 35 minites, with a tooth pick. When center is puffed high and the toothpick comes out clean, remove from the oven. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt immediately, then cool in baking dish.
9. Once cool, gently turn the whole sheet of blondies out of the dish to make them easier to cut.