Grilled Salmon BLT Slider
There are countless ways to throw two pieces of bread together and create something magical. Exhibit A: the classic PB&J, a glorious grilled cheese, that good old Turkey Club… shall we continue? We love these classics, but we prefer to go above and beyond the call of lunch duty. We celebrated this Month of Sandwich with an upgraded version of another great classic.
Yes, we’re talking about the grand ol’ BLT, jazzed up with grilled salmon. Grilled salmon BLT sliders are not only remarkably cute and mini, but they’re melt-in-your-mouth-brag-to-all-your-friends fantastic. So where does one find this delectable recipe, one might ask? We found our inspiration at How Sweet It Is. Of course, we chose to kick the grilled salmon up a notch and add some sriracha heat (just to keep you on your toes!)
Grilled Salmon BLT Sliders Recipe
1 lb raw skinless salmon
2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into thirds
2 tomatoes, sliced
Lettuce for topping
1/2 C Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp sriracha sauce
6 whole wheat slider buns
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat medium pan and cook bacon until crispy. Layer on a damp paper towel.
2. Preheat grill to a medium-hot heat.
3. Rinse salmon fillet under cool water and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Place the salmon (skin down) on a piece of aluminum foil. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Grill salmon for 4-6 minutes, checking on progress occasionally.
6. In a small bowl, mix the Sriracha and Chobani until smooth.
7. Toast slider buns on grill while the salmon cools (1-2 minutes)
8. Spread the Sriracha sauce on each bun and layer with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and a square of grilled salmon.
9. Eat up!
To continue the Month of Sandwich celebrations, slide on over to Chobani Kitchen for a healthful turkey burger or these veggie-ful California wraps. For those enthused by spiced-up grilled salmon, check out this grilled salmon and Chobani wasabi sauce recipe!