It was serendipitous that right when we were on the hunt for Superbowl recipes, we happened to receive a submission for the ultimate game day dish: Greek Nachos (thanks, Lori!). And, we were so giddy that we made a GIF!
Yogurt salsa (makes 6 servings)
1 C Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
3/4 C feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 red onion
1/2 tsp cumin powder
sea salt to taste
naan bread or pita
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb ground lamb (or veal, beef, turkey!)
fresh spinach leaves
italian herb seasoning
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Brown ground lamb in olive oil over medium heat until fully cooked, then drain oil.
3. Rub naan bread with small amount of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, cut into triangle wedges with pizza cutter, and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake naan at 400 degrees F for 5 - 10 minutes to desired crispness.
5. Use a food processor or blender to combine Chobani, cucumber, onion, feta cheese, salt, and cumin until desired smoothness. (Use more onion, cucumber, feta cheese as desired!)
6. Assemble nachos by putting triangle wedges of naan on plate, then fresh spinach, then ground lamb, yogurt salsa, olives, tomatoes, more feta cheese and italian herb seasoning on top as desired.
There you have it! A fresh, delicious spin on an old party classic. While original nachos are always a hit, kick things up a notch with this recipe and prepare for jaws to drop.