Featured Blogger: fANNEtastic food
Hey, Chobani fans! My name is Anne and I write the food and fitness blog fANNEtastic food. I’m a runner, (whole) foodie, occasional yogi, and lover of photography and healthy recipe creation. After 6 years of office work, I just changed careers and started graduate school to become a Registered Dietitian (RD)! I’m at UNC in Chapel Hill, NC, and so excited to be working towards my goals. I started my blog in 2009 as a way to inspire others to lead happier, healthier lives through nutrition and fitness, one post at a time.
Since I’m assuming all of us here are big Greek yogurt fans (I know I am!), I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite ways to use Greek yogurt to healthify recipes. Enjoy!
Ways to Use Greek Yogurt to “Healthify” a Recipe:
2. To replace sour cream in Mexican dishes, dips, or as a topping for soup, chili, etc. I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and mayo in my Healthier Seven Layer Dip and it was a HUGE success – no one even knew the difference!
3. Instead of oil/butter when baking. I love baking with Greek yogurt because it keeps baked goods moist without adding a lot of calories or fat! Some examples: my Sweet Potato Cranberry Coconut Muffins and Pumpkin Muffins of Deliciousness! Yogurt also works great in brownies.
4. To make a healthier fettuccine alfredo sauce for pasta dishes.
5. On top of pancakes instead of using butter.
6. To make a Greek style tzatziki sauce, like my delicious Cucumber Yogurt Garlic Sauce.
7. To make a buffalo dip for veggies or chicken using yogurt and hot sauce, or yogurt, lemon, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce!
8. With red curry paste as a marinade for chicken!
I hope you guys enjoyed my tips and will swing by my corner of the blogosphere to say hello and check out some of my quick, easy, and healthy recipes. Be sure to stop by today for details about my Chobani giveaway! I’ll even have one more tasty Chobani recipe up for you to enjoy- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. :)